Already thinking about how you will stay on track this summer during hot weather beach trips, cook outs and more? Here are some great tips to keep you on top of your fitness goals during a fun filled season of outdoor life!
- Pattern your workouts: Make your fitness routine different daily for a varied pattern. The body reacts to constant change, so opt for a different type of workout each day. Beach yoga, power walking and a resistance class is a nice example of a 3 day mix!
- Recruit: Find your neighbor, coach, friend or spouse that will join forces with you. Success is in numbers and keeps you accountable!
- Lace up and dress up: Make sure you put on those sneakers and workout gear FIRST thing! If you are ready to go, you are more likely to make it happen, even after camp drop offs, work errands and more!
- Find what you love: Thinking of biking this summer? Get out there and enjoy that as part of your routine! The more variety the better.
- Reward yourself without food: Find ways to “self pamper” and use that as a reward for your hard efforts. Positive self reinforcement can include a massage, manicure or even time off enjoying some sunshine. Self love and self reward are both key in embracing your body wherever it is on YOUR fitness journey!
Cheers to Summer!
*This is not intended to give medical advice and is for recreational use only