Click here to read about our New coaching client special!
CLICK HERE for our current coaching client offer!
A FREE class for YOU!
Share CEFitness with a friend! Bring a friend to class (ON US) anytime in June and we will apply a FREE class to your account for the referral!! *Must be a first time visitor. Visitor must sign waiver upon entry.
How to host and enjoy those spring and summer barbeques without gaining an ounce! Here are ten ideas for spring and summer success!
- When making your own burgers, substitute lean ground turkey or chicken for ground beef when possible. If vegetarian burgers are on the menu, keep fat content low.
- Add egg white to your burger mix to add lean protein and keep seasonings in!
- Top burgers and proteins with fresh grilled vegetables and a heaping scoop of a fat free condiment such as sugar free ketchup, mustard, salsa or hummus
- Try a themed flair when making your menu; Mexican burger with taco seasoning, salsa, and avocado (side bar of toppings is fun for kids), or an Italian burger with fresh basil, low fat mozzarella and fresh tomato
- Try whole grain rolls or flatbread as your burger bun (*best bet: serve on ½ a bun only)
- If serving/having a hot dog, go with turkey or chicken, nitrate free organic varieties
- Choose salads that are mostly GREEN. Stay away from your WHITE salads (potato/pasta) which are mostly fat and carbs (mayonnaise and salad dressings can be loaded with unhealthy fats) Pasta salads are likely refined starch unless prepared with whole grain pasta.
- Serve or bring a VEGGIE platter with GRILLED vegetables brushed with olive oil and garlic
- Have a light meal or snack before attending any outdoor festivities so that you are not tempted to over indulge on heavy foods and fatty snacks. Bring along whole grain crackers and low fat cheese to avoid the chip overload (who ever eats just one???)
- Enjoy fresh fruit that is in season to satisfy your sweet tooth. Top with Greek yogurt for a healthy, protein rich topper.
Don’t forget to enjoy yourself, the active things we can do in this beautiful weather that New England brings in the summer, and most of all, your time with your family around the table with delicious, healthy foods!
*see your physician before starting any new exercise or nutrition program
Here is a GREAT list of foods to CHOOSE and foods to AVOID!
Lean meats, chicken, fish
Skim and lowfat dairy
Egg whites or egg substitutes
Canola and olive oils
Oats, Oat bran, Rice, grains such as barley, also beans and lentils
Apples, berries and Fresh fruits including grapes
Eggplant and okra!
Walnuts and almonds
Fatty meats and luncheon meats
Whole or full fat dairy
Egg yolks more than 3x a week
All trans fats
Baked goods and commercial products made with saturated fats
Ice creams and frappe beverages
This document not for reproduction or intended to give medical advice. All CEFitness documents are for general health and recreational purposes. See your doctor for all medical advice and a specific cholesterol reducing plan for you.
(workouts that the whole family can enjoy)
Looking to get the entire family moving? Need a fun afternoon activity to please the older and younger kiddos? Here is a top 10 list of Family Fitness Fun!
1. Dance: Get your grove on together with some fun family music!
2. Yoga: Try a hatha class as a family, relax and rejuvenate.
3. Swimming: Indoors or outside, make it fun with lap races for the kids!
4. Biking: Bike Trail rides are never ending fun for families of all ages.
5. Skiing: Ski or snowboard, enjoy the time after to relax and bond as a family.
6. Jogging: Work into a 5k as a family and support a charity!
7. Rock Climbing: Great for all ages and a lesson will make it even better!
8. Walking: Fresh air and time to connect, you won’t regret it.
9. Martial Arts: Self defense class, tai chi, and more…something new!
10. Snorkeling: A vacation favorite and keeps everyone moving and learning!
Be ready for the sunshine and all of the activities that spring brings us, all while looking and feeling your best!
YOUR 6 weeks Includes (***New online session starts May 15)
- Custom Nutrition Plan for 6 weeks
- Spring body workout plan to lose fat and gain a lean shape!
- Clean and Flexible CEFitness Grocery List
- Email checkins weekly with CEFitness coach online reply & support system
- CEFitness team support page access
- An opportunity to receive discounts on CEF classes
- ALL this for only $129 one time only! *For first time Coaching clients only
- There is MORE!!!…LOSE MORE than 15 pounds and receive a FREE 5 class pack!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE MARCH SPECIALS!
This festive time of year I get loaded with similar questions. I am often asked directly about eating out and the food choices that are best to make in restaurants. This is a loaded question usually! Sometimes we count on our “outing” as a cheat meal, and other times we want to stay on point with our healthy eating, but may want to allow some flexibility. Either way, you do have choices to make! Here are my top ten basic tips to keep your dining out experience a healthy one:1. Eat as close to your schedule as possible (when you would usually need to eat)
2. Take a peek at the online menu before you goJ
3. Have a small piece of fruit before you head out to hold off hunger
4. Make sure you are heading to a restaurant without a long wait
5. When ordering, ask for all sauces and dressings to be on the side
6. Mix and match menu items to fit your dietary needs, substitutes are usually acceptable
7. Request broiled vs. fried always
8. Ask if they cook with oil or butter and decide on your preferences if any
9. Consider splitting an entrée with a family member or friend
10. Have plenty of water before, some during and a small amount after the meal
Enjoy your time out! Most foods can be an enjoyed in moderation with these simple tips assisting you with making good choices along the way!!
It’s often we make resolutions at the time of New Years, or after the holiday cheer is coming to an end. Is this because we think of this time as new beginnings? Are we tired from too much sweets?:). Possibly we think of this time as opportunity for a fresh start and what better time than the first of the year for the first day of a new you! Whatever your goal or the timing of it, there is always time for a better you! We often get caught in our busy family and work schedules and forget the most important person in that picture is ourself! It’s like the saying on the airplane… “Put your mask on before you help others around you”. A confident and calm individual is one that is strong and fit. Period!
How do we get there? Set a short term goal as your first step! Then onto mapping out a long term goal. It’s key to set the first goal as your smaller one and make it achievable with a limited time frame. The key to success with this method is having a plan! No plan is winging it, and winging it is NO plan!!:) keep in mind here too that there are NO quick fixes!!
Some great, healthy starter goals can be to lose 10 pounds or 3 inches, quit smoking, or even firm up with new lifting workouts for travel! Anything counts as long as you are committed to it! A longer term goal may include a bigger commitment and more tangible items involved. For instance, signing up for a photo shoot and being your best for it, a competition or road race, or any major event you get ready for.
No goal is too small or too big. No time like the present to focus on you. You only have one life and you are the keeper of that life! Live it and just do it!!! No one ever regrets hitting a healthy fitness goal….that is an opinion that is most likely a fact!!
Happy and Healthy New year!
Creating and Educating The Fittest